Thursday, March 31, 2011

Waiting For The Day



Today another friend has passed,
His pain and suffering has ended,
Yet, I’m still here, waiting, wondering,
when is it to be my turn,
The waiting stays on my mind,
The wondering, will I suffer,
I don’t know, I don’t want to die,
But, every time I turn I see
Someone that could be me,
Yet, I’m still here, happy, but afraid,
Sometimes I think I’m going crazy,
Waiting, fighting, surviving,
Many people have gone, some of them friends,
And I remember each and every one of them,
But, will my day come, will it be quick or slow,
This nobody knows,
And with each passing day,
I know there is a chance,
That my day will, never come,
And I’ll live until I’m old and gray,
One day we will all be saved, one day soon.

In memory of Mary Ann Greer 8-4-67/8-31-99

No comments:

Post a Comment